- Effective Desk Exercises You Can Try Out At OfficePosted 1046 days ago
- Drinking Diet Cola Is Harmful For HealthPosted 1046 days ago
- Nine Easy Tips That You Must Take To Take Care Of Your Pearl JewelryPosted 1048 days ago
- ‘Hair Updos’ You Can Sport For A Fun Day At The BeachPosted 1051 days ago
- Easy And Effective Tips To Do A ‘Pedicure’ YourselfPosted 1051 days ago
- Useful Tips To Treat ‘Hyperactivity’ In ChildrenPosted 1052 days ago
- Do And Don’ts For Healthy PregnancyPosted 1052 days ago
Water Sports – A World of Options
Water Sports is the new buzz word among those who can afford it. This form of sport requires specialized equipment and hence is very expensive. Available at most beach resorts, water sports is a kind of recreation for water lovers. Exploring the seas on jet skis or scooters is for those who enjoy the thrill of water and have no fear. There are various water sports depending upon the type of adventure desired.
As the name suggests, these are scooters that zip through the water, creating a huge spray at the back. Usually a scooter seats two persons, which could be one instructor and one passenger, or alternatively, two paasengers if they are trained in handling such a scooter.
A pre requisite for wind surfing are ‘wind’ and ‘surf’. This form of sport involves a surf board with a sail whereby a person can ride the surf on a surfboard. This sport requires extreme balance and technique, and must be learned from skilled instructors.
This is akin to skiing on snow slopes with the exception that the skiing is done on water. The person’s feet are strapped onto skis and he/she is given a rope to gold. The other end of the rope is tied to a speed boat and as the boat darts across the water, it pulls the skier, who then skims the water on his/her kis. This sport is only for those who do not fear water as many dunkings happen, until the skier has learnt the technique.
This is a water sport that everyone can indulge in. This is a raft that is shaped like a banana and seats 5-6 persons. Each person is given a life jacket to wear (in case they losse grip and topple ionto the water) and have to hold assigned handles tightly. The banana boat is then pulled across the water by a speed boat.
Whichever water sport is opted for, wearing safety jackets is advisable. Most water sport opertaors provide the required gear and safety equipment.