Signs And Symptoms Of Diabetes

Diabetes is a matter of concern for people across the world. It is spreading vastly and affecting people of various age groups. So immediate steps should be taken to handle the problem as soon as it is detected, so that the chances of it affecting our lives adversely is minimised.

So how do you know if you or any of your family member has diabetes? For that it is essential to be aware of the signs or symptoms of the disease.

There are primarily two types of Diabetes – Type 1 and Type 2. The symptoms of the two types are quite similar. Though medical experts may be able to differenciate between the symptoms, often they are identical or sometimes even the symptoms of type 1 is found in type 2 and vice versa.

The main symptoms of diabetes are excessive production of urine, remaining thirsty continuously and even after drinking water, sudden and unexplained weight loss, blurry vision, lethargy, leg and often body pain, slow healing of cuts or sores, skin irritations, aggravations of small cuts or injuries, memory loss, lack of concentration, remaining confused, exhaustion, sleep disorders, cramps or numbness in body parts, irritability, extreme or sudden hunger etc.

A typical and common sign of type 2 diabetes is that it makes the abdominal portion of the person become larger than proportion while the other body parts remain same or become thinner due to sudden weight loss.

It is not essential that a person develops all the symptoms of diabetes at a time. The symptoms and their extent varies from person to person. A person with diabetes may feel tired, exhausted and lethargic but may not have a problem with slow healing of cuts or sores. Or it may also happen that anyone can have a sore developed from a mere shoe bite.

It may also happen that the symptoms present in a diabetic person are so mild that they go unnoticed. Therefore a self enquiry is required to detect the problem.

If you find any or more than one of these symptoms in you or any of your close ones, get a test done immediately and consult a medical practitioner for professional advice.