- Effective Desk Exercises You Can Try Out At OfficePosted 743 days ago
- Drinking Diet Cola Is Harmful For HealthPosted 743 days ago
- Nine Easy Tips That You Must Take To Take Care Of Your Pearl JewelryPosted 744 days ago
- ‘Hair Updos’ You Can Sport For A Fun Day At The BeachPosted 748 days ago
- Easy And Effective Tips To Do A ‘Pedicure’ YourselfPosted 748 days ago
- Useful Tips To Treat ‘Hyperactivity’ In ChildrenPosted 748 days ago
- Do And Don’ts For Healthy PregnancyPosted 748 days ago
Lasik Surgery For Eyes
The Lasik eye surgery is performed for correcting ailments like myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. It is one kind of refractive laser eye surgery. Lasik surgery is chose by patients as an alternative to wearing contact lenses or eyeglasses.
Before the operation there are several preparations to be observed. The operation creates a thin flap on eyes. With the help of a laser the flap is folded to remodel the tissues. This thin flap is repositioned and after operation the eye is left for healing.
Before operation measures
Before the surgery the patient is instructed not to wear soft contact lenses from five to twenty one days. The patients wearing hard contact lenses should stop wearing them before six weeks of operation. The corneas of the eyes are examined to check the thickness time to time. After that the surgeon calculates the location for the removal of tissues and their amount. These things minimize the risk of eye infection after operation.
Care after operation
A course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory eye drops is given to the patients that should be continued after surgery for a few weeks. A dark pair of shields for the protection of the eyes from bright lights is given to the patient. Patients are advised to sleep as much as they can. Rubbing of the yes should be strictly stopped. After operation the patient should keep in touch with the surgeon for proper information of the eye care.
Side effects of Lasik surgery
From 90 to 98 percent of patients are satisfied after the surgery but there is certain side effects like visual regression, rise of sensitivity to light. It also reduces the visual clarity and the patients’ ability to distinguish the contrasts in colures, though it is uncommon generally.