- Effective Desk Exercises You Can Try Out At OfficePosted 5 years ago
- Drinking Diet Cola Is Harmful For HealthPosted 5 years ago
- Nine Easy Tips That You Must Take To Take Care Of Your Pearl JewelryPosted 5 years ago
- ‘Hair Updos’ You Can Sport For A Fun Day At The BeachPosted 5 years ago
- Easy And Effective Tips To Do A ‘Pedicure’ YourselfPosted 5 years ago
- Useful Tips To Treat ‘Hyperactivity’ In ChildrenPosted 5 years ago
- Do And Don’ts For Healthy PregnancyPosted 5 years ago
How To Overcome Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is condition of excessively frequent bowel movements. In case of diarrhea, one may loose too much of water which can lead to dehydration. Whenever you suffer from diarrhea, never neglect it. it is the second major cause of death in children under the age of 5 years. Diarrhea is mainly caused by infections, reaction to medicines, intestinal diseases and functional bowel disorders.
It is suggested to increase the intake of water in case of diarrhea so as to avoid dehydration in the body. Add some salt and sugar in the water and drink frequently whenever you have frequent watery stools. ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) is the fastest method to overcome dehydration.
Diet to be taken in diarrhea:
In case of diarrhea, avoid taking fruit juices, apricots, pears, plums, soft drinks, fried food and spicy food.
Increase the amount of yoghurt, curd in your diet. It’s one of the best remedy. Buttermilk, mint, apple, papaya, banana, carrot are advisable to take to overcome diarrhea.
Home Remedies for Diarrhea:
Water: Add a pinch of salt and sugar in water and drink frequently. You may even add electrolyte in place of salt and sugar. This will prevent dehydration in body.
Clarified Water: Add 4 drops of clarified water in ½ cup of boiled water and stir well. Drink the solution when it cools down to lukewarm. Don’t take it frequently as it may cause constipation if drink in excess.
Peppermint: Boil mint leaves in water. Drink mint water 3-4 times in a day.
Buttermilk with ginger powder: Add ½ tsp of dry ginger powder in a cup of buttermilk and drink it. Repeat it 3-4 times a day.
Lemon and ginger juice: Make lemon and ginger juice by adding ½ tsp of lemon juice and ½ tsp of ginger along with ¼ tsp of black-pepper powder. Drink this juice.