Facial skin irritation affect a lot of people due to various reasons like adverse effect of cosmetic products, artificial fragrances, preservatives, dyes and harsh beauty products. Sometimes over-exposure to sun or weather, excessive exfoliating or washing and excessive stress can be the cause of skin irritation. Certain cosmetic product react adversely when exposed to the sun and causes irritation. To avoid skin irritation you can take the following steps:
• Exfoliate your face maximum thrice a week because it usually dries your skin resulting in redness and peeling of the skin.
• Wash of your face before going to bed with mild cleanser and warm water. Going to bed with make up can cause irritation on your skin.
• For protecting your skin from ultraviolet rays of the sun, regular use of sunscreen having SPF 15 or higher is necessary, especially in hot and humid climate. It will prevent redness of the skin and sun irritation.
• Dryness of the skin is primary cause of skin irritation. Natural ways to recover from this dryness is to eat plenty of fruits and vegetable. Green leafy vegetables, milk and nuts containing Vitamin A, B, and E are essential to avoid dryness and make skin smoother.
• Drinking enough water should be your regular habit. Keep hydrating your body with fresh juices and healthy drinks. This will soothe your skin from inside and irritation will automatically vanish.
• Milk facial is ideal to treat dry and irritated skin. Mix two tablespoons each of water and milk and wash your face with it. Repeat this process frequently. It will soften your skin and reduce irritation.
• Another inexpensive way to moisturize and soothe your skin and avoid irritation is to use yogurt on your skin. Yogurt contains hydroxyl acid alpha beta which moisturize the skin by completely nourishing it. Lactic acid present in yogurt removes dead cells, heals damage and relieves skin irritation. Take ½ tablespoon whole milk yogurt and apply it on your face. Allow it dry up and then wash off with lukewarm water. Practicing this method will relieve you from skin irritation very soon.
• Use extra virgin olive oil to moisturize your skin and remove irritation. It is pure and less processed and can make your skin healthy because it contains lots of vitamin E and Antioxidants. Massage olive oil on your face at night, so that skin soaks the oil.
• Use honey which is a good antibacterial agent and has the ability to remove dead cells which causes irritation. Apply honey as face mask. Let it remain for 15 minutes and wash it with cold water.