- Effective Desk Exercises You Can Try Out At OfficePosted 744 days ago
- Drinking Diet Cola Is Harmful For HealthPosted 744 days ago
- Nine Easy Tips That You Must Take To Take Care Of Your Pearl JewelryPosted 745 days ago
- ‘Hair Updos’ You Can Sport For A Fun Day At The BeachPosted 749 days ago
- Easy And Effective Tips To Do A ‘Pedicure’ YourselfPosted 749 days ago
- Useful Tips To Treat ‘Hyperactivity’ In ChildrenPosted 749 days ago
- Do And Don’ts For Healthy PregnancyPosted 749 days ago
Holiday Time is Family Time
In the course of the school term, children and parents are bound by a fixed routine that gives them little time to socialise and meet up with family and friends. Hence, the summer holidays are a good to spend some quality time with the family.
A Visit to the Grandparents
If the grandparents stay separately (whether in the same city or elsewhere), summer holidays provide ample time for children to bond with them. Either the children can visit the grandparents or vice versa.
Gone are the days of joint families when there were many cousins were under one roof. Now, with nuclear families living in independent units, children rarely get a chance to interact with their cousins. Thus, the summer vacations can be used to invite the extended family over for a holiday or to visit them.
Since all individual family units have hectic schedules in many parts of the world, many families have started a ‘complete family vacation’ each year. In this system, the entire family, i.e., all the brothers and sisters and their families, decide to holiday together in a new destination every year. Such vacations allow for family bonding as well as a trip to a new location every year.
If you have a family in your city itself, and there never is time to meet up during school term, then having weekend parties in the holidays is a viable option. The location of the party can rotate on a weekly basis and the style can be pot luck. This allows interaction on a regular basis and also does not put pressure on the host to cater to large numbers.
A lot of marriages are planned during school vacations as then it is possible for all members of the family to congregate for the happy occasion.