- Effective Desk Exercises You Can Try Out At OfficePosted 743 days ago
- Drinking Diet Cola Is Harmful For HealthPosted 743 days ago
- Nine Easy Tips That You Must Take To Take Care Of Your Pearl JewelryPosted 744 days ago
- ‘Hair Updos’ You Can Sport For A Fun Day At The BeachPosted 748 days ago
- Easy And Effective Tips To Do A ‘Pedicure’ YourselfPosted 748 days ago
- Useful Tips To Treat ‘Hyperactivity’ In ChildrenPosted 748 days ago
- Do And Don’ts For Healthy PregnancyPosted 748 days ago
Exercise To Lose Weight – Show Off A Fab Body This Summer!
A woman’s body has approximately 600 muscles. These muscles make up for 35% of total body weight. The muscles need to be exercised regularly in order to maintain a slim figure and a healthy optimum weight.
Lack of exercising makes the muscles weak and they shrink in size. Shrunken muscles tend to collect large quantities of fat around them. Many women put on extra weight post pregnancy or when they are about to reach menopause. The reason for this is hormonal fluctuations in the body. However, it does not mean you can never regain your slim structure. All it requires is dedication and determination to lose the extra weight.
Weight loss can be achieved with regular exercising and by watching what you eat. You are not required to give up eating your favorite foods. You can consume them once in a while and in small quantities. Before you begin any exercise regime it is important to find out how much weight you need to lose and what are the specific body parts that require to be toned.
A good way of doing this is by measuring your chest, waist and hips. Chest and hips should ideally be proportionate. This means that they should measure same. In a healthy body the chest-hips ratio should not have a difference of more than two inches. The waist size should be seven to ten inches smaller than the chest size.
Many women shy away from the weighing scales. However, in order to lose weight it is important to weigh yourself. Your ideal weight is dependent on your height and age. Weight gain is often a result of eating rich oily food. An overall healthy body can be achieved only with combination of healthy diet and regular exercise.
Before beginning any exercise routine it is important to perform warm up exercises. This saves your muscles from injuries when you begin strenuous exercises. A good warm up exercise is standing with your legs shoulder length apart and placing your hands on either side of waist.
Now begin moving your shoulders in clockwise manner. Repeat five times and switch over to moving them in anti-clockwise direction. Next, bring out your right foot in front of you. Move the foot in clockwise and then anti-clockwise direction. Perform this exercise five times. Repeat with the left foot.
Exercises for Arms and Shoulders
Many women complain about not being able to wear sleeveless or short-sleeve dresses because of flabby arms and huge shoulders. An excellent way of toning arms and shoulders is through exercise.
1. Grab two dumbbells weighing two kgs each or take two one liter bottles and fill them with water or sand. Stand with your feet placed shoulder length apart. Take the dumbbells in your hands. Place your arms on either side of the body. Slowly lift the arms from the elbows palms facing inwards.
Your elbows should be resting on your body and not moved at all when you bend your arms. Repeat this movement at least twenty times when you first begin. Slowly you should be able to perform three sets of 20 repetitions each.
2. Stand in the same position as in the above exercise. The arms should be placed on either side. Slowly lift the right arm with the weight and move it over and behind the head. Repeat the movement with left arm as well. In time you should be able to do three sets of 15 repetitions using each arm.
Exercises for Waist
1. Stretch out your arms on either side. If possible hold weights of two kgs in both hands. If you don’t have weights use filled water bottles of one liter each. Now slowly start bending from your waist to right side. Bend your left arm at the elbows as you bend.
The right arm should be in held straight on the side. Repeat the bending on the left side. Repeat this exercise as many number of times as possible. Try to hold yourself in the side-bend position for at least three to five seconds.
The exercise is excellent for toning the muscles in the waist and to burn the extra fat around the waist. It also helps get rid of love handles.
2. Lay an exercise mat on the floor. Lie on your back on the mat. Bend your knees and fold your arms behind your head. Now slowly raise the right side of your upper body to meet the left leg. Touch your right elbow to your left knee. Return to the start position. Bring up your left upper body to meet your right knee. Once you have the hang of the exercise start performing it with quick movements. The exercise is immensely beneficial for getting rid of love handles.
Exercises for Thigh
Many women suffer from what is known as ‘child-bearing hips’ or ‘thunder-thighs’. Well not if one performs these exercises.
1. Stand with your feet at least shoulder length apart. Slowly bend your knees till you are in a squat position. The back of your thighs should be parallel to the floor. Now raise yourself from the squat position and come back to the start position. Again squat.
Repeat the squatting at least fifteen times when you first begin. Raise the number of squats to 40 times in a day after a couple of days. Increase the level of difficulty of the exercise by squatting with weights in your hands.
2. Lunges are also beneficial for toning and slimming the thighs. Stand with feet apart. Slowly put your right foot forward and squat. Take care not to bend your left leg too much. The back of the right thigh should be parallel to the floor. Return to start position. Repeat the movement with left leg. Perform the lunges as many times as you can in a day.
Slimming and muscle toning exercises work only when done in combination with diet control. This means goodbye to all the unhealthy foods that contain high number of calories. Substitute high calorie foods with fresh fruits and vegetables.