- Effective Desk Exercises You Can Try Out At OfficePosted 743 days ago
- Drinking Diet Cola Is Harmful For HealthPosted 743 days ago
- Nine Easy Tips That You Must Take To Take Care Of Your Pearl JewelryPosted 744 days ago
- ‘Hair Updos’ You Can Sport For A Fun Day At The BeachPosted 748 days ago
- Easy And Effective Tips To Do A ‘Pedicure’ YourselfPosted 748 days ago
- Useful Tips To Treat ‘Hyperactivity’ In ChildrenPosted 748 days ago
- Do And Don’ts For Healthy PregnancyPosted 748 days ago
Easy Stretching Exercises
These will also keep your body well toned and they can easily be done at home.
Stand straight and keep your legs open and slightly bend your knees. Keep your hands outstretched beside you. Twist your torso so that your right hand touches your left leg and hold the pose for a few counts before changing sides. It will be a while before you will actually be able to touch your toes with your hand. This will make you more flexible and ready for the more difficult poses required in yoga.
Now stand up straight again and bend sideways Touch your right hand to your right knee and stretch the other arm to the side . Make sure that you do not bend your body forward. Repeat on the other side. Now try what is called the tree pose. Yoga also requires correct posture and balance. This exercise will improve your concentration.
Stand on one leg and keep the sole of the other leg on the outstretched leg. Keep your hands beside you and try to balance for as long as you can. Repeat the same with the other leg. Once you are able to do this comfortably; lift your arms up; keeping the palms joint just over the head and try the tree pose in this position. Now you must also be aware of your breadth.
Another easy pose is to lie down and lift your legs about three inches off the ground and simultaneously raise your upper body and your arms.You should be actually balancing on your buttocks. Try and be still and avoid rocking. Try and hold this pose for about ten seconds and gradually increase it till you are able to hold it for twenty counts.
These simple exercises and stretches will improve your flexibility. you will also understand your breadth through these simple exercises which is one of the most important aspects of yoga. Continue doing these for a period of two months before you start a yoga class.