- Effective Desk Exercises You Can Try Out At OfficePosted 4 years ago
- Drinking Diet Cola Is Harmful For HealthPosted 4 years ago
- Nine Easy Tips That You Must Take To Take Care Of Your Pearl JewelryPosted 4 years ago
- ‘Hair Updos’ You Can Sport For A Fun Day At The BeachPosted 4 years ago
- Easy And Effective Tips To Do A ‘Pedicure’ YourselfPosted 4 years ago
- Useful Tips To Treat ‘Hyperactivity’ In ChildrenPosted 4 years ago
- Do And Don’ts For Healthy PregnancyPosted 4 years ago
Avoid Nail Breaking and Chipping
Exposure of our hands and nails to various chemicals can lead to drying of our nails, thus making them extremely brittle. This leads to splitting, breaking, peeling and cracking of the nails. At most times during the day, our nails gets exposed to harsh chemicals through different products used for cleaning our homes or due to the procedures performed on our hands at a salon. Excessive exposure of water can also make our nails brittle. This is because water removes the fibers from the nails and thus promotes peeling, tearing and breaking.
Though it is not possible to completely avoid putting hands inside water, it is possible to exercise certain precautions in order to lengthen the life of our nails. A very helpful tips is to use gloves while doing the dishes. Not only does this protect the nails, but also keeps our skin healthy. Some other helpful tips for protecting our nails from chipping and breaking include:
• To remove nail polish, use acetone free remover, preferably one that contains conditioner.
• Avoid using nail polish removed too frequently. Don’t use it more than once in a week.
• Don’t dip your hands in water for a long time, particularly in hot water.
• Moisturize your nails immediately after taking a shower or bath. Rub moisturizers into the nail bed and on the cuticles.
• Avoid using a metal nail file as they tend to rip of the nails. Instead use emery boards and glass files and use them gently.
Besides these reasons, there are also certain medical reasons due to which the nails of a person may become weak. Women with low levels of estrogen in the body suffer from problems of dry skin, hair as well as nails. Nutrition is also important factor for the health of our nails. A healthy diet comprising of the required amounts of minerals and vitamins is not only great for the body, but for our nails too.