Every woman in the world craves for a glowing and clear complexion. The truth is that most of us can only dream of having a glowing skin considering the way we abuse it often.
The most common cause of a dull and lusterless skin is eating a poor diet. A diet that does not contain essential vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, fiber and minerals is bound to leave your skin looking dull and unhealthy.
It has been truly said that what we eat shows on our face. The first step to getting a glowing skin is to improve your diet. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and cereals in your daily diet. Quit smoking. Nicotine in the cigarettes can cause permanent damage to the skin.
Drink alcohol in moderate quantity only. Limit your intake of caffeinated drinks like coffee. Caffeine is known to cause dehydration in the body. Enough water in the body keeps the skin hydrated and glowing. Dehydrated skin lacks in luster and looks dull and tired.
Today the cosmetic market is flooded with many products, creams, lotions, face washes, face masks and face packs which promise you a glowing skin with use. These products are not only expensive but are also full of chemicals which might actually harm your skin in the long run. We recommend 8 effective ways of getting glowing skin at home using completely natural methods.
8 Tips for Glowing Skin using Home Remedies
1. Since centuries honey has been used to treat a variety of skin problems including dull skin. Honey is an excellent humectant and keeps the skin glowing by locking in moisture in the skin.
Simply apply a thin and even layer of honey on clean and dry skin. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Do this treatment twice a day to see your skin glowing in two weeks time. Do not use this treatment if you have oily skin or suffer from acne.
2. Take three teaspoons of chickpea powder and mix a little milk in it (if you have dry skin, lemon juice if you have oily skin) and add a pinch of turmeric. Make a paste and apply the paste evenly on the face and neck. Leave the paste to dry and wash off with cold water. Use this face pack every day for a month to see improvement in your skin tone and complexion.
3. Take a tablespoon of milk powder and add pinch of turmeric powder to it. Mix the two powders well and make a paste using chilled rosewater. Apply the paste on the face and neck taking care to avoid application on the eyes. Leave the paste for 20 minutes and rinse off the face pack in gentle circular motions using cold water. Use the pack twice a week for a month to see glowing results. Add a few drops of almond oil to the pack if you suffer from dry skin.
4. If you have dry and dull skin then uses vitamin E oil to enhance your skin’s texture and complexion. Take a tablespoon of warm vitamin E oil and rub it evenly on your facial skin. Massage the face and neck for 10 minutes.
This will get the blood flowing properly to your face. Proper supply of blood to the face will help you add glow to the skin. Sleep with the vitamin E oil on the face and in the morning wash off with lukewarm water and a mild soap. You can also use gel from vitamin E capsules to add glow to your face.
5. Take jojoba oil and massage it on the skin. Leave for 10-15 minutes and then wipe off the oil using a cotton ball or a soft facial tissue. Repeat the treatment every day before going to bed at night. In ten days time you will see a huge improvement in your skin. Not only will the skin be glowing but the tone of the skin would have become more even and the skin would be smooth and soft like a baby’s.
6. Take a teaspoon of coarsely powdered oatmeal and mix a teaspoon of fresh cream in it. Add a few drops of milk as well. If you don’t have fresh cream you could use cold cream or vitamin E oil. This oatmeal scrub will help exfoliate the dull skin removing the layer of dead skin cells to reveal a fresher and healthier skin. Apply the scrub on the face and neck and leave for 5 minutes.
This will give the scrub ample time to penetrate the skin pores in order to draw out the impurities from them. Now wet your hands and gently start massaging the face. Massage your face and neck for 10-15 minutes.
This is enough time for the scrub to work its magic and clean the pores off dirt, grime, sebum and dead skin cells. Wash off with lukewarm water. Use the scrub every day for getting a glowing complexion. The scrub is also an excellent remedy for clearing blackheads.
7. Baking soda is another good scrub which can be used to clean the skin. The layer of dead skin cells that often forms on top of the skin is responsible for giving the skin a dull and lusterless look. Simply scrub your face daily with paste of baking soda and water every day to keep the layer of dead skin from forming. Use a witch-hazel based toner on the skin after using the scrub.
8. Take gel from aloe vera plant and rub the gel on the face and neck. Leave for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
An instant fix for getting glowing skin is by using cold water spray or chilled rosewater spray on the face. They will instantly perk up your skin and complexion giving a warm glow.
In order to get a glowing complexion it is important to treat other skin disorders, if any, as well. Do not expect to have a glowing skin if you suffer from acne, pimples, blackheads, pigmentation, uneven skin tone and sun burns. Address these problems first before using the treatments for glowing skin.